Wednesday, May 27, 2015

030

I always loved that moment in The Outsiders when Johnny tells Pony Boy to stay golden.  I sit on a dock that pierces into the ocean, and cogitate Frost's words under a blanket of starlight.  "Nothing gold can stay."  Such an elegant piece of poetry, such an elegant part of the story.  It makes me happy to ponder such things, as I inevitably arrive at wonder; a magic too often forgotten.

I remember last November,
Last November it didn't snow.
It wasn't cold, but I didn't mind,
Maybe it was gold.
Maybe...
For a moment I was king.
I was king, and you...
You were everything.
Threaded in my dreams.
Tugging at my heartstrings.
For a moment, I was king,
I was king, and for a moment,
I believed in God.
And this moment happened over again,
Like a loop that existed within a dead end.
Like a circle before the circle begins,
Like the meaning before the logic sets in,
Like the knowing that arrives before it makes sense.
I was the supernova in your eyes.
And I don't even mind...
I was king.
Isn't that just life?
To learn to die just right?
For a moment, I was a king.
I was a king, and you...
You were God.



Spatter


No comments:

Post a Comment