Sunday, May 17, 2015

029

One of my friends thinks it's absurd to love someone who doesn't love you.  He thinks it's weak, he is actually repulsed by the idea.  He is disgusted.  I must point out that he is both a learned and good human being, though he will not be the one to inform you.  He still wears a mask, I'm afraid.  Another friend of mine believes it is strength, he believes that it is the intrinsic human will, it is a defining characteristic.  It is a loyalty known to few species, as it so often lacks evolutionary merit.  I stand divided, but certain.  I believe one should love another human being if it can benefit the being in question.  I will not love for myself.  The purpose of love is to make better or to support another, if that love will do neither, then that love is selfish.  Maybe that's why I must become a physician, to love those I do not know.  Maybe this endeavor will keep me clean.

Live long,

Spatter

No comments:

Post a Comment