Tuesday, September 30, 2014

010

I don't sleep so well these days.  Sometimes I feel like the weight of the entire world is crushing down on me.  Don't we all?  I rested my tired bones on a bench just off the shore; watched the sun rise over the islands.  That was my morning.  Sometimes the world is so beautiful I think I might break, and sometimes it hurts so much that I think I'll never make it.  It's perspective.  You can spend your whole life living, or you can spend your whole life dying.  Time will weather your soul no matter which you choose.  Sometimes it wears away the rougher edges, sometimes it just wears away the edges...Here are a few pennies, please keep them in your thoughts.  This is the skewed perspective of an aspiring doctor, if only one.

Shackled to this paradise,
Prisoner to a dream.
Enact the part of sacrifice,
Pretend it's pure and clean.

I do it for the passion,
That which compels me so.
I do it for the glory,
It tells me how to go:

A leader first must follow.
Does that make my righteous path but hollow?

Touch a life,
Save a life.
Lose a life,
Break a life.
To give your life,
It takes your life.
To live this life,
You must forsake your life.

Take it as you will.

As always, live long.

Spatter









No comments:

Post a Comment