Thursday, September 11, 2014

007

As I sit here and stare out across the ocean, I am, of course, reminded of my own frailty.  I am humbled by its magnificence, my busy mind quieted by its song.  To love, to care, to breathe one in as if it were your life source, your oxygen. There is but one task, one price. Never injure the object of your affection.  This I know.  Whether your love be medicine, or whether your love be the one who is intimately threaded into your soul, she must be touched with tenderness, held with strong and gentle hands.  So often we inadvertently claim to love that which makes us happy.  I suppose most of us never see the conflict with that ideology.  Like toy soldiers we must lead when required to lead, and follow when required to follow.  We must build when required to build, and above all, let go when required to let go.  I hope you live well, and I hope you live long.

Spatter

No comments:

Post a Comment