Monday, July 20, 2015

040

The mad scientist gets to heaven and rests his tired bones on a bench outside the pearly gates. Peter calls his name, but the scientist does not respond. Peter calls a second time, and again, the scientist ignores. Peter calls a third time, and the scientist replies, "Send me back Peter, I'm not finished yet." A lifetime later, the same scientist again sits outside the gates, and Peter calls to him. The scientist does not respond. Peter calls a second time, again, the scientist ignores. Peter calls a third time, and disappointed, the scientist wanders into the unknown, somewhere far from heaven. The problem with believing in a perfect deity is that at some point, you must quit believing in yourself....

We're all afraid.  Afraid to take the leap, stray the mean, wander alone.  If you aren't, you either lack the experience, or you deny it.  Wield a fine eye on life, and you will see the small discontinuities, the little things that don't add up in people.  Maybe I'm wrong, given that the sum of the pieces is greater than that of the whole.  But I don't think so.

A Letter From Andrew to Peter

Woke up a bit confused again,
Next to someone new again.
Memorized the lines to say,
To run somebody through again.
Hope she isn't faint of heart,
Or this is gonna hurt.
Think about the snow again,
The lows have gotten low again,
I miss the cold from where I came,
It's freezing here in other ways.
I make due with what I've got,
Supplant the storm with rotten crop.
"Good morning sweetheart, you've got to go..."
Better break a heart
Than let her know
What life is like in afterglow.
Eat my meals on a mirror,
So I can't claim I didn't see it coming.

As always,

Live long,

Spatter






No comments:

Post a Comment